Friday, October 24, 2008
The Eagles.......Remember Them?
Yeah, I know right now the town is all Phillies, all the time, but let's not forget about the local National Football League squadron.
After having the bye last week, the Eagles jump right back into the fray this Sunday afternoon against those upstart Atlanta Falcons. You may have missed some of the following while you were getting your new Phillies gear at the Exxon on the corner of Rt. 70 and Springdale Road:
- No one seems to know how long Shawn Andrews will be out for, but at least everyone seems to agree that he had back surgery. If Andrews misses the remainder of the year, it would mark one of the most bizarre football seasons of any Eagle player since Randall Cunningham, what with the false rumors about Andrews' absence during training camp, which ultimately culminated in Andrews admitting his battle with depression.
- All signs are pointing to Brian Westbrook playing football this Sunday. Westbrook, you'll recall, broke a couple of ribs.
- WR Kevin Curtis looks to be making his 2008 debut this weekend.
- In case you haven't been following, the Cowboys are a hot mess right now.
- Eagles sign local kid, Naval Academy grad Kyle Eckel, to play fullback after cutting Tony Hunt.